Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - The journey so far

I am so happy and blessed to start anew this year with my blog.

My last post was in February of 2010! on my way to a writers conference. I can't believe so much time has passed!
Well I did go to the conference. I had a blast - I learned that other writers were in my shoes - we write, we doubt, we want to be public, yet we shy away. I learned a lot more - about traditional publishing, querying etc. I felt that I was among family. For writers hoping to one day be authors - I dreamt about it, I wrote down my visions, and I sought after them with all passion. Never give up.


From there, I promised to go ahead and fulfil my life long dream of becoming an author..and I am proud to announce that I did self-publish my memoir "The Summer Called Angel- a story of hope on the journey through prematurity". The book is based on the premature births of my two kids and my hope is that parents going through the NICU journey as well as parents everywhere can know that they are not alone, and that the feelings they go through during these experiences are real and OK and there are ways to support friends going through a difficult time.

The Summer Called Angel is now available on Amazon.com


For more information, please visit my site SolaOlu. Over the next few weeks and months, I will write about my experiences about being an author, the surprises, the thrills, the research and all. Thanks for staying with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment