Friday, January 22, 2010

It's a new year. Got goals?.

Part 2.



Let’s talk about personal goals now. What are those things you’d like to do in your life that you have pushed to the side over and over again? (talking to myself as well).

I recently had a dream about some of my aspirations. Good sign right?. Well maybe. It was real, it's happened, my dream has come true I said to myself after I woke up.

The alarm clock went off and jarred me into reality. I told myself that this will remain a dream until I do something about it. Even if I have all the faith in the world that my dreams will come true, I have to act, and do something about it.

So what do you like? What is it that gives that “fire in your belly”?. Break it down into small, manageable goals.

Set daily goals.
Set weekly goals.
Set monthly goals.
Set a goal for year end.

Set aside sometime for research into your dream, write it down and visualize it, then work to make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to get started on a historical YA novel for years, but always found plenty of other things to occupy my time. Now I've set a goal to work on it every Tuesday and Thursday morning, no matter what. It's really helped to put this into my regular schedule instead of waiting for "some day" when I have more time, which will never happen!

    ReplyDelete